This The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission interactive also includes:
1964: A victory for the civil rights movement! Scholars read a section of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and discuss what affirmative actions means to them. The resource is a jigsaw activity, with each group focusing on one section of the text. After analyzing the text, scholars discuss their findings in a group discussion format.
- Compare the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to other civil rights legislation
- Guide a group discussion on the impact of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 on the African American community
- Must have Internet access to complete the lesson
- Activity is conducive to group work
- The resource is great for both history and government lessons