This The Audacity of a Vote: Susan B. Anthony’s Arrest lesson plan also includes:
Susan B. Anthony's speech "Is It a Crime for Women to Vote?" takes center stage in a lesson that asks class members to consider how they might respond to what they consider an unjust law. Groups work through the speech paragraph by paragraph, responding to close reading questions. An exit ticket asks individuals to reflect on what they see as the responsibility of citizens in a democratic society.
- Have individuals or groups craft and present a persuasive speech about what they see as an unjust law
- Part of the Election 2020 collection
- Appropriate for remote and in-classroom learning
- Requires individual copies of the speech
- Includes close reading questions for each paragraph of Anthony's speech