This TASC Transition Curriculum: Workshop 10 lesson plan also includes:
How have educational standards evolved? Educators of adults examine expectations in the 10th workshop out of 15 to better determine how standards have grown. Participants respond to a variety of sample questions to determine how they should adjust their curriculum to provide learners with the best preparation for their certificates.
- Have participants blog about their progress to model an activity to use in their classrooms
- Consider using the workshop with ELA teachers of all levels to vertically align curriculums within a district
- Educators critique one another in the workshop; consider having an icebreaker to begin to establish a comfort level
- Material is directly aligned to state tests
- Promotes critical thinking