This Take-a-Hike unit also includes:
Learn about nature and health all in one set of lessons. Individuals use a scavenger hunt to record observations during a nature hike. They then complete activities to categorize their observations and rate the health of the habitat for wildlife conservation. Finally, they consider the health implications of hiking.
- Complete the scavenger hunt in two different locations to compare results
- Invite a medical profession to speak about the benefits of outdoor activities
- Provide individuals with clipboards to help record observations
- Includes handouts with reflection activities and questions
- Uses a kinesthetic approach