This Did I Observe it or Infer it? lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Take the mystery out of inquiry! When young scientists learn to use their keen powers of observation to make smart inferences about a situation, they are well on their way to understanding what the scientific method is all about. Using comics, learners are guided through the steps they take on a day-to-day basis to use what they see and turn that into information about something new to them.
- Plan time near the beginning of the year to execute this valuable plan that helps learners practice their observation and inference skills
- Project demonstration comics to use for whole-class discussion
- You can modify the material to use in lower and upper grades
- Schedule time in your school's library or computer lab for the class to complete the NOAA web quest
- A solid plan with lots of potential, this guide includes all printable materials
- Can be used as a day one lesson in any science class — no matter the age group!