The same rules apply. While watching the video, learners realize that the same rules apply to evaluate an expression with negative exponents as does simplifying an expression. The presentation shows a set of steps to evaluate a monomial raised to a negative exponent for a given value of the variable. In doing so, the presenter points out rules of exponents used in the process.
- Brainstorm other evaluation methods that would work
- Assumes learnersunderstand what it means to evaluate an expression
- Individuals should be familiar with exponent properties
- Uses colors to emphasize the negative exponent property
- Combines the use of technology to evaluate the expression