Extend exponent properties beyond zero. After a quick review of the properties of exponents as they relate to negative exponents, the narrator works several examples for viewers. The examples start with simple, requiring only one property, to complex incorporating multiple properties.
- Use the video as a homework assignment prior to teaching negative exponents
- Spend some time with an algebraic proof of why changing the sign of an exponent moves the location of the base
- Individuals should know the properties of whole number exponents
- Includes examples to show why the rules work
- Uses a highlighter when discussing parts of the expression