This Shapes of Molecules—Geometry of Central Atom interactive also includes:
How is a molecule's shape determined? Explore bond angles, lone pairs, and VSEPR theory through a logic-based activity. Chemists pull together information about the major molecular shapes, then use it to solve puzzles.
10 Views 9 Downloads
- Pair the puzzles with a full molecular geometry interactive PBS lesson and activities
- Group students and assign them a particular geometry concept to explore
- Point out which angle is which in some of the more complex shapes for learners in the early stages of molecular geometry
- Uses great example molecules for each of the featured shapes
- Presents content in an interesting and easy-to-deliver format