This Shapes of Molecules—Distortion from the Pure Geometry interactive also includes:
Ready to introduce the realities of molecular geometry to chemistry pupils? Use a logic-based interactive! Perfect as individual practice, the puzzles explore the bond angles and repulsions present in three common molecular shapes.
21 Views 14 Downloads
- Use the resource to fine tune learners' knowledge of molecular geometry principles
- Have students draw each of the shapes to get comfortable with illustrating the different elements of molecular geometry
- Present the interactive after the class has an understanding of how molecular geometry becomes distorted
- Activity focuses on an often-overlooked aspect of molecular geometry
- The interactive is easy to use and puts an interesting twist on traditional geometry resources