This Sex Safari - Field Trip video also includes:
A field trip to study reproductive behavior of big game is a great set up for big-time learning! Part two of a four-part Reproduction video series takes viewers up close and personal with the animal residents of a wildlife preserve in Montana. Scholars discover the importance of genetic diversity and the adaptations that result from it.
- Include the video in a study of animal populations and genetic diversity
- Have pupils research the black bear population and draw conclusions about their variety of fur colors
- Learners should be familiar with the process of sexual reproduction from a cellular standpoint
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Although brief, the field trip is full of great examples of wildlife conservation, animal adaptations, and reproduction
- The narrator's explanations of sexual reproduction terms and advantages are thoughtful and grade-appropriate