In less than 25 years, the continent of Australia moved 4.9 feet thanks to plate tectonics. The presentation introduces the idea of the layers of the earth as well as plate tectonics. It goes into why the plates move and where we believe they started.
- Be specific about how the homework will be graded, i.e. required length, include new vocabulary, etc.
- Bring in a hard boiled egg with the shell on but cracked so pupils can see the layers
- The lesson is presented from a Eurasian perspective, i.e. the money is in pounds and one of the quiz questions asks which tectonic plate we live on and the correct answer is Eurasia
- Includes game show style quiz at the end of the presentation, making it fun and in interesting for participants
- Uses high contrast colors for those with visual impairments
- A couple slides have formatting issues, making them difficult to read