This Resolving 2-Plane Traffic Conflicts by Changing Route—Problem Set B interactive also includes:
Do pilots create appropriate spacing between aircraft by traveling a longer or shorter path? An interactive presents two airplanes that violate safety protocols. Pupils must determine how to change the path of one plane to create the safe distance needed.
- Provide instruction on how to modify the paths the airplanes fly
- The class should understand how to read the sector diagrams
- Each individual or group needs access to a computer and the simulation
- The interactive is the second in a six-part series
- The workbook provides a paper and pencil worksheet to work through the first three problems
- Simulation allows students to test solutions