This Quadratics in Vertex Form instructional video also includes:
It looks different, but yet the same. Scholars view a video that introduces them to the vertex form for a quadratic equation. Pupils realize that though the equation looks different, its graph is still a parabola, and the key features are all still there. Class members learn a new method to quickly graph a quadratic knowing the vertex and then practice graphing and finding key features using the worksheets.
- Review expanding a binomial
- Spend some time to explain why the (1, 3, 5) rule discussed works mathematically
- The resource is the second segment in a five-part unit on quadratics
- Provides a set of wrap-up problems to summarize the lesson
- Includes detailed solutions in the answer document