This Identifying Quadratic Functions (Vertex Form) assessment also includes:
Pupils calculate the equation of a quadratic in vertex form from a specific graph and determine an equation that would fit the description of a parabola. The final question determines the individuals' understanding of the signs of the parameters given a general graph.
- Use the task as a quick assessment after instruction on the vertex form
- Have individuals share out their thinking in arriving at a solution for part C
- The class should be familiar with the terms concave up and concave down
- Explains several different solution approaches
- The graphs include several points learners can use to find the equations
- The key is numbered 1 - 3 while the task has questions A - C