This Changing the Base lesson plan also includes:
I can't calculate a base-2 logarithm since my calculator doesn't have a base-2 log key. Young mathematicians use the change of base formula to extend the properties of logarithms to all bases. Among these bases is the natural log base, leading to the introduction of the natural logarithm.
- Use the problem set as a homework assignment
- Introduce the class to Wolfram Alpha (which is briefly mentioned in the lesson notes), as this online resource may be helpful to learners when calculators are not available
- Pupils should have access to calculators with a log key and ln key
- Includes printable versions of the lesson notes, problem set, and exit ticket
- Teacher resource contains tips for scaffolding techniques