Use properties properly to evaluate a definite integral. Pupils watch an informative video to see how three different properties of integrals help with the evaluation of a definite integral. The presenter uses the properties to separate the sum of two terms, pull a constant coefficient out of the integral, and evaluate two definite integrals over the same range together.
- Create a list of properties of integrals
- Ask the class to identify the properties that could be used to simplify a set of created definite integrals
- Assumes knowledge of taking integrals of single terms
- Shows each step within the evaluation of the integral
- Uses colors to show where two values will divide out