This Principles vs. Practices lesson plan also includes:
Have you ever wondered what your own World Order would look like? Scholars use primary and secondary documents as well as video clips to investigate and analyze the Cold War. Using the sources, the principles and practices of nations directly involved in the Cold War come to light in the third installment of an eight-part series.
- Introduce an extension activity involving newspaper articles and current event research on issues and practices in today's world
- Create investigative teams to look into the actions of different nations during the Cold War (US; USSR; China; Cuba) and present to the class as a group
- Group sizes should be no more than three
- Pacing needs to be kept on task for the two-week unit
- Resource includes printable materials for use in the classroom
- Provides links to archived videos to assist audio and visual learners