This Communities at War: Reading Primary Sources Imaginatively lesson plan also includes:
Uncle Sam wants you to support the troops. Learners use an engaging lesson plan to analyze primary and secondary sources to discover what life was really like for American citizens at home during WWII. Pupils complete worksheets, group discussions, and writing activities to enhance their understanding of the hardships Americans faced at home during the war.
- Use the resources provided in the lesson plan to help students practice analyzing primary sources
- May require further explanation of the primary sources, such as what a rationing book was and how people used it
- The theme of wartime may not be suitable for all ages
- The lesson plan provides all materials needed to complete the activities
- Includes primary documents and photos for a realistic look at life during the war