This Picking Apples assessment also includes:
Getting the best pick of the apples depends on where to pick. The short assessment presents a situation in which class members must analyze a real-world situation to determine the cost of picking apples. The pricing structures resemble linear piece-wise functions. At the end, participants determine when the two costs are the same.
- Lead a discussion on how to solve systems that are linear around the point of intersection
- Have classmates share the process they used in order to find the break-even point
- The class should be familiar with solving systems of linear equations
- The rubric provides answers that are also acceptable
- The resource includes reflection questions for the teacher