This Photosynthesis-Cellular Respiration Cycle lesson plan also includes:
The balance of nature can be a wondrous thing! With the 19th lesson of the 21-part series on systems, learners explore the cycle of photosynthesis and cellular respiration using a lab-based activity. Groups set up different test tubes with carbon dioxide and oxygen indicator and snails. Their observations lead to an understanding of the reverse processes.
- Use a Venn diagram to compare and contrast photosynthesis and cellular respiration
- Add a test tube with water plants to the experiment for additional observational data
- Allow at least an hour between the two parts of the activity for reactions to occur
- Includes an answer key of expected responses
- Gives individuals a concrete reference for a complex concept