This The Amazing Adventures of Carbon: How Carbon Cycles through the Earth lesson plan also includes:
Here's a stat for your pupils: 18 percent of the human body is carbon! Part 10 in the series of 12 takes pairs on an adventure through the carbon cycle. After a class reading about carbon, pairs read and choose their own adventure through the cycle, creating a diagram about their journey. Classes finish by taking a concept quiz or essay included in the lesson.
- Assign the essay as homework
- Each pair or group needs a copy of the Carbon Cycle Adventure Booklet, which is 12 pages and requires some folding
- Pairing proficient learners and non-proficient learners allows for peer tutoring in class
- Game-like simulations are engaging
- Learners read about, discuss, answer questions, and draw the carbon cycle, which taps into a few different learning styles