This Formative Assessment #6: Photosynthesis Cellular Respiration assessment also includes:
You know you taught it, but did they learn it!?! A quick formative assessment asks pupils to describe both photosynthesis and cellular respiration before showing how they relate to each other. The lesson marks the 20th lesson in a 21-part unit on plant and animal systems.
- Incorporate as a warm-up assessment after studying photosynthesis and cellular respiration
- Have pupils peer edit assessment in a different colored pen prior to submitting
- Expects a solid understanding of the relationship between photosynthesis and cellular respiration
- Asks learners to write rather than just recall information
- Requires the use of scientific vocabulary to answer the questions