This Passive Solar Water Heating lesson plan also includes:
Put empty milk jugs to good use. Scholars consider the characteristics they might change about a milk jug to improve light absorption. They design a passive solar water heater using the milk jug and then measure the temperature change in the water over time.
- Take learners outside to measure the temperature of the water throughout the day
- This is the first of three lessons in the Bioreactor Water Heating unit
- Each group requires a milk jug
- Includes a data sheet for pupils to record results
- Lists possible lesson extensions