This Mock Immigration Court lesson plan also includes:
As part of a unit study of immigration, class members participate in a mock Immigration Court activity in which they argue four cases before an immigration judge.
1 Collection 65 Views 44 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Invite an immigration judge and/or attorney to speak with the class
- Have learners read the Rights and Responsibilities and Immigration Court Roles materials out of class, noting any questions they may have, before returning for a full class discussion of the documents
- After the judge's ruling, poll class members to determine what ruling they would have issued and why
- The eighth in a series of 13 resources designed to be used in order
- The 18-page packet includes a detailed plan, a script for the activity, details for each of the four cases, and an explanation of the roles of the various immigration court officers