This Meet Our Home: Earth lesson plan also includes:
Earth is a complex structure. Learners explore their home, the earth, using a fun hands-on activity. They create tactile models of the earth using ordinary household materials that represent some common features: land, polar caps, clouds, oceans, and hurricanes.
- Discuss the scale of each surface feature and make comparisons
- For younger grades, have sections for each feature pre-cut to save time
- Requires a specific set of materials for creating the model
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes important background knowledge for extending the activity
- Provides a detailed teaching guide to help plan for the lesson