Why do we celebrate Earth Day? Find out with a brief video that details the history behind the special day dedicated to our beautiful planet. The video answers the who, what, why, and how in a festive fashion while showcasing real-world photos and colorful labels.
- Create a flipped classroom assignment; direct pupils to watch the video at home prior to the day you plan on teaching about or celebrating Earth Day
- Pose the video's final question on a classroom blog, and encourage learners to respond to the question as a discussion or in writing
- Instruct class member to take notes while watching the video and compose a short reflection that you collect and review
- Earth Day takes place on April 22nd
- Contains links for additional activities relates to Earth Day
- Video is quick, and moves along in an engaging fashion