Investigate the mathematics of the Olympics. A science video how mathematics is important from the basic level of calculating scores to the more complex math of describing the velocity of motion. Scholars learn to view Olympic competitions from a mathematical perspective.
- Follow the lesson with a video analysis calculating speed, acceleration, and velocity
- Incorporate as an introduction to a physics unit on the laws of motion
- If assigning the video for independent viewing, pupils require Internet access
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides an option for closed captioning
- Applies mathematics to a relevant real-life topic