This Marketing video also includes:
If you've ever been convinced to see a movie because of a compelling trailer, intriguing poster, or positive review, you have the film marketing industry to thank! Learn more about the ways marketing executives attract audiences to movies with an explanatory video.
- Bring in additional examples of movie trailers from the mid-20th century, late 20th century, and 21st century; have class members contrast the persuasive techniques from each era
- Assign a group marketing project as part of a language arts unit on making arguments and evaluating claims
- Contains a lot of information in a short amount of time, so viewers may benefit from frequent pausing and review
- Part of a longer Crash Course playlist on film production, history, and criticism
- Content is relatable to filmmakers and moviegoers alike