This Limits of Accuracy – Solving Problems video also includes:
Rounding has a significant impact on future calculations. Help your learners realize this significance with a thorough video lesson. Using multiple examples, the instructor calculates the upper bound and lower bound of several calculations when considering the possible measurements prior to rounding.
- Have pupils measure an object, such as their desktop, rounding to the nearest tenth of a centimeter, nearest centimeter, and nearest 10 centimeters; use each of the measurements to calculate the area and compare results
- Pause the video after introducing the rectangle problem and ask pupils to offer suggestions for calculating the answer
- Expects proficiency with integer operations
- Incorporates real-life connections in the example problems
- Emphasizes the importance of labeling answers