This Lab On A Slab lesson plan also includes:
Capillary action is the frugal chemist's dream ... the less liquid used, the more tests they can run! Learners experiment with the best design to maximize the benefits of capillary action. Using a liquid sample, they design a capillary route, which leads the liquid through a series of tests.
- Have pupils record new vocabulary in a graphic organizer for ease of reference
- As a class, create a list of uses of nanotechnology in everyday life
- Allow time for preparation prior to using the lab activity
- Provides handouts and answer keys for each part of the lab
- Includes material references to continue researching the topic
- Handout for lab one is only available as an answer key