Who needs parentheses, anyway? Understanding how to apply the distributive property—and how to get rid of parentheses—helps scholars conceptually understand why it is necessary. Guided practice problems help build confidence to create math pros.
12 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Assign extra practice on a worksheet or online using Khan Academy
- Spend more time on the area model, as it often confuses pupils
- Relies on prior knowledge of the order of operations, multiplication, and variables
- Provides subtitles for easier note taking
- Demonstrates multiple ways to visualize, understand, and solve these problems