This Introduction to Polar Coordinates - Concept video also includes:
Learning polar coordinates does not require visiting the North Pole, though explaining igloos is much easier using polar coordinates. The lesson begins with a video explaining how to find coordinates on a spherical plane and how to convert to and from a rectangular coordinate system.
- Create practice problems that are similar to the guided practice problems
- Requires prior knowledge of rectangular coordinates, sine, cosine, and tangent
- Lesson best fits as an introduction to polar coordinates
- Includes a concept video and three practice problem videos
- Walks through each problem step by step with easy-to-read diagrams
- Video is not engaging and may not hold pupils' attention