This Plots of Polar Coordinates: Submarine Sonar interactive also includes:
Find the location of enemy submarines with a sonar display that doubles as a polar coordinate system. Pupils find polar coordinates that would be the same location of plotted submarines. They then determine multiple polar coordinates that represent the same point.
- Use as a prerequisite skill lesson for plotting complex numbers in polar form
- The class should know how to convert degree measures to radian measures
- Requires signing up for a free account to access the interactive
- Includes hints for all of the problems
- The supplemental materials contains additional practice problems