Organize all the polynomials. The short video covers how to find the coefficient and degree of each of the terms of a polynomial. Using that information, pupils learn how to determine the leading coefficient and the degree of a polynomial along with how to write it in descending order.
- Incorporate a polynomial in a context and ask the class to interpret the terms within that context
- Provide problems to the class to have them determine the leading coefficient and degree without finding the coefficients and degree of each term
- Assumes learners understand exponents
- Uses colors to highlight what the video references
- Explains the exponents for the constant term