This Ink Analysis: An Experiment in Paper Chromatography lesson plan also includes:
Test differences in writing instruments with this hands-on activity to demonstrate paper chromatography in action. The class performs an experiment on multiple writing instruments and determines the area of separation to discover an "unknown."
22 Views 8 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Test additional writing utensils to gather additional data
- Research the importance of paper chromatography throughout history
- Ensure learners do not inhale vapors as it could result in injury
- Analyzes several types of pens during one experiment
- Offers the ability compare the results of this experiment with real-world scenarios