This Human Tree: Ratios activity & project also includes:
Create a personal tree. By visiting an exhibit at the National Museum of Mathematics, the resource introduces the idea of fractals. The exhibit takes an image of the person and creates a tree by repeating scaled images on the shoulders of the previous image. Included within the Math at the Core MS: Ratios resource are two challenge questions for scholars to further investigate ratios.
- Have class members create their own simple fractals
- Research where fractals appear in nature
- Pupils should have an understanding of how to determine scale factors
- Contains handouts to help scaffold the questions
- Provides a vocabulary list for the activity