This Hemingway: The Art vs. The Artist video also includes:
Seven clips from the documentary Hemingway by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick inform an investigation of how aspects of Ernest Hemingway's life influenced his writings.
1 Collection 3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Before beginning the series, instructors should carefully examine the Teacher Guide linked in the Included Materials section of this review
- Use the seven-part resource after learners have studied at least one of Hemingway's novels or short stories
- The resource comes with a warning that the clips deal with issues of alcohol abuse and suicide; preview the provided links for tips on how to approach these topics with your students and their families
- As part of the "Ken Burns in the Classroom" series, the PBS lessons have a point of view; instructors should preview the entire series to determine if appropriate to their classrooms
- The packet includes an activity that has class members creating a presentation about how a modern song-writer, artist, or author's life is reflected in their work