Take two linear pieces and make a complete graph. A helpful video shows how to graph a linear piecewise function. Pupils review graphing linear functions and then see how to restrict their domains based on the defining domains for the piecewise function.
- Use a graphing utility to graph several piecewise functions and create a matching activity for the class to complete
- One of three examples of graphing piecewise functions from Mathispower4u
- Assumes students know how to graph linear equations in slope-intercept form
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Uses colors to highlight the portions of the function to the respective parts of the graph
- Writes out the slope and y-intercept from the equation and then graphs the lines from there