This Grade 9 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
Eager readers have waited a long time, very patiently, for a set of literary analysis lessons that connect text structure to the work's central idea. As ninth graders continue reading "The Tell-Tale Heart," they focus on the central ideas of obsession and madness, and discuss the ways that Poe's text structure contributed to the theme's development.
- To promote the idea of the value of multiple readings, have learners read the story in its entirety before beginning the analysis portion of the unit
- Use the Quick Write as a homework assignment or exit ticket after instruction
- All necessary worksheets and graphic organizers can be found in previous lessons in the series, or in the full module file
- The fifth of 13 lessons in the unit
- Emphasizes annotation as an important analysis skill
- Connects literary elements to the development of the plot