This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 8 lesson plan also includes:
Prepare for a mid-unit assessment based on Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club with a brainstorming and discussion lesson plan. Focused on two chapters from the novel ("Rules of the Game" and "Two Kinds"), the lesson plan guides tenth graders through the preparation process for a writing prompt about either Jing-Mei or Waverly.
- Allow learners to bring brainstorming materials or first drafts to the next unit's assessment
- Use the discussion questions in literature circles for small groups
- The eighth lesson in a 14-part unit
- Provides a model tracking log; a blank version is available in the previous lessons or in the attached complete unit file
- Encourages classmates to track character development as it relates to the central ideas of the novel
- Comes with multiple file versions of auxiliary materials, as well as the full unit and full module files