This Functional Maths Questions assessment also includes:
Dang, it's a word problem! Pupils address a variety of word problems that involve knowledge of proportions and geometric topics. The General Certificate of Secondary Education review problems require determining costs based on area calculations to finding the mean monthly cost for utilities. Some problems require scholars to explain the process they use to find the solutions.
- Talk through similar problems and have the class determine the math required for the questions
- Individuals should be comfortable with finding areas of different figures
- Assumes students know how to work with proportional relationships
- Answer key shows all the work necessary to arrive at the final solution
- Provides space to work the problems on the worksheet