Analyze a seminal speech from the 20th century with an activity focused on President John F. Kennedy's inaugural address. After reading an excerpt from the address, pupils use a learning exercise to practice their reading comprehension skills and analyze key phrases.
- Consider finding an audio version of the speech to play for the students as they read along
- Supplement the worksheet with other media, such as video, online interactive websites, or magazine clippings, to engage learners in the subject matter
- It will be important for pupils to have enough historical context to frame their understanding of this speech; consider how Kennedy came to power, what major conflicts he faced, and the primary social issues of the late 1950s and early 1960s
- Includes some suggested responses to worksheet questions
- Good resource for primary source/speech analysis