Apply polynomial multiplication to area. The short video in a large series shows the process of creating a polynomial formula for the area of a rectangle. Using the two expressions for the length and width of a rectangle, pupils see how to find the formula for the area and then evaluate it for a given value.
- Provide several rectangles with polynomial areas that evaluate to the same area size, though the polynomials are different
- Requires the class to understand how to evaluate an expression
- Assumes learners know the process of multiplying two binomials
- Uses colors to highlight steps within the process
- Solves the problem two different ways