Can learned traits be passed down to future generations? The video explains epigenetics, which is the change in organisms caused by a modification of genes and not the genetic code. Using the example of lab rats passing on a sensitivity to smell, the complex idea becomes better understood. Then it connects the concept to humans and discusses the limitations of experimenting on ourselves.
- Break down the key vocabulary words into their Latin root words to connect similar ideas
- Discuss the benefits of testing on animals
- Avoiding the comment section helps pupils remain on topic
- Includes closed captioning in Arabic, English, Greek, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Lists references for those wanting to learn more