This Get the Word Out at McDonald's! activity & project also includes:
To get the word out that the Great Pacific garbage patch (GPGP) contains millions of pounds of non-biodegrading plastics, individuals research the GPGP and write an article for a newsletter. Researchers present their facts in a way that not only informs the public that their actions and how they handle plastics impact the GPGP, but also is impactful.
- As a class, develop a rubric to help score the final project
- Work with English teachers to make sure citations are consistent with what is expected in their classes
- Pupils need access to the Internet to do the research
- The seventh of nine challenges
- Includes an example newsletter that helps your class understand the expectations
- The outline of the newsletter provides suggestions on topics writers can cover