Why is the periodic table arranged the way it is? As pupils complete the electron configuration of the first 20 elements, they see the relationship to the rows and columns in the periodic table. The video instructor highlights these relationships after reviewing the electron configurations.
- Build a periodic table that includes the electron configurations
- Pause the video when the instructor poses a question to discuss as a class
- Requires an understanding of the periodic table and the atomic number
- Video includes a summary of important concepts
- Emphasizes vocabulary throughout the lesson