Demonstrate the steps to drawing electron configuration diagrams. A video lesson shows how to use the periodic table to determine the number of electrons in an element and then create the diagrams. The instructor leads your class through several examples.
- Create a periodic table on a wall with electron configuration diagrams for each element
- Post the video as a resource for absent pupils and those needing extra instruction
- Expects an understanding of the particles in an atom
- Uses color to highlight the electrons in different electron shells
- Incorporates problems within the video for learners to practice