This Defining Democracy lesson plan also includes:
For democracies, it is both the best and the worst of times. As part of a study of the challenges facing democracies, young political scientists seek first to define democracy, and then to consider the relationship between democracy and community.
1 Collection 6 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research the many types of democracies (including the United State's representative democracy) and share their findings with the class
- The second of eight lessons in the What Makes Democracy Work series
- Requires individual copies of the two readings
- Requires access to a dictionary
- The packet includes discussion questions and links to the required readings