This Counting Events: Flipping Unfair Coins interactive also includes:
Who said life was fair? An interactive uses an area diagram to represent the probabilities of flipping unfair coins. Pupils use the diagram to calculate the probabilities of outcomes of flipping the two coins. The scholars must decide whether to add or multiply probabilities to find their answers.
- Lead a discussion about the differences in and and or in probabilities
- Pupils should rely on the area display of the probabilities rather than draw tree diagrams of non-uniform events
- Requires signing up for a free CK-12 account
- Contains hints for the different challenges
- The interactive calculates the probabilities for the particular outcomes