This Outcomes of Coin Tosses lesson plan also includes:
Flip a coin: heads, use the resource; tails, use the resource. The fourth of six installments of the Statistics & Probability unit looks at coin tosses and probability. The class conducts an experiment and sees that the outcomes of flipping coins—two heads, two tails, and one heads and one tails—are not equally likely to occur.
- Challenge classmates to develop coin games and evaluate the outcomes for fairness
- Pupils should have knowledge of simple probability
- Activity requires coins for each pair of scholars
- Provides a table of teacher actions and expected learner outcomes
- Gives student worksheets for each activity